Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Ready In:
- 1 lb carrot (or baby carrots)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream or 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut carrots into ½-in. thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, garlic and oil; toss to coat.
- Spread mixture out on a 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Bake, at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- Stir; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until carrots are tender. (Carrots will get dark and look kinda burnt - this is OK).
- Cool slightly.
- In blender or food processor, combine 6 tablespoons water, vinegar, mayo, sour cream, sugar, salt, pepper and carrot mixture; blend until smooth. Add additional water, if it is too thick.
- Serve warm or refrigerate to serve later.
- Serve with cubed bread pieces, chips, pretzels, or whatever you desire.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in South Milwaukee, WI. I work full-time as an accounting assistant. For fun I like to hang out with my family - my son & my boyfriend & our german shepherd.