Roasted Beet Dip
photo by Dan Churchill
- Ready In:
- 3 cups raw beets, chopped into dice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400°F Toss beets with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes. Remove and blend in a high powered food processor with water and lemon zest until a purée is formed.
- Pour puree into a serving dish.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet for 2 minutes or until just starting to turn golden. Top the spread with pine nuts, yogurt, and an extra drizzle of olive oil. Serve with your favorite crackers or veggies to dip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food, cooking, surfing, wine, travel and fitness is what chef Dan Churchill lives for. Born in Sydney, Australia, Dan now resides in New York City where his mission is to make people happy through food.