Roast Pork for the Clay Cooker
This smells so good and tastes even better. Serve this with that great gravy and mashed potatoes. A meal to remember.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 5 lbs pork roast
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts (bone-in and skin-on)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly crushed pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Soak the lid of your clay cooker for 1/2 hour.Mine has a glazed lower part.
- Cover bottom of pot with thickly sliced onion.
- Make several slits in your roast and insert whole garlic cloves.
- Place the roast over the onions.
- Add chicken breast on the side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place Rosemary Sprigs or leaves on the Roast.
- Pour chicken broth on the side.
- Cover and place in a cold oven.
- Set the oven to 425°F.
- Cook for 4 hours.
- Remove from oven.
- Place pork and chicken in serving platter.
- Add sliced onions on the side.
- Pour cooking liquid in sauce pan.
- Mix water and flour and whisk into boiling liquid.Simmer a few minutes.
- Pour your tasty gravy in a gravy bowl.
- When I cook a roast of pork I always add chicken to give the gravy that special taste.
- I use the leftover chicken for another meal.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have had a Pork Roast in the freezer for a while. I got out an unglazed Romertopf 111 clay roaster. This recipe , so simple, worked so well. My roast was only 2.5 lbs. so I cut the time in half and used 3 chicken legs, 10 small garlic cloves and Campbell's chicken gravy. OMG! A perfect dinner entree'. I added a salad. Done!! So good!3Replies 1