Roast Chicken With Lemon and Fennel
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove stalks from fennel for another use. Cut bulbs into wedges, removing the core.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet. Scatter fennel wedges around the chicken.
- Cut three of the lemon halves in half again, for a total of 6 pieces. Scatter around the chicken as well. Place the remaining lemon half inside the carcass, then tie the legs together with butcher's twine.
- Sprinkle chicken, fennel and lemon with salt and pepper, and drizzle vegetables with olive oil.
- Roast in preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest 20 minutes before carving and serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!