Risotto Ai Funghi (Mushrooms) - 2-Qt Pressure Cooker
photo by KateL
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped or 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms, chopped and soaked to rehydrate
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped and soaked to rehydrate
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or to taste) or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a 2-quart Pressure Frypan or larger pressure cooker, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add rice, stirring often, until lightly golden.
- Add mushrooms. Stir to mix.
- Add wine. Stir to mix.
- Add tomatoes and broth. Stir to mix.
- Increase heat to high. Stir in fresh herb of choice. Continue to stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Close lid and bring pressure to 1st red ring (low pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 1st red ring. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use Cold Water Release Method (or quick release method recommended by your manufacturer).
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to eat yummy healthy foods!