Swiss-Style Pork Chops - 2-Qt Pressure Cooker
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Entered for safe-keeping, from "Quick Cuisine" by Kuhn Rikon. Can use a 2-quart Pressure Frypan or larger pressure cooker. It doesn't get much simpler than this.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 center-cut pork chops (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons corn oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Spread both sides of each pork chop with mustard.
- In a 2-quart Pressure Frypan or larger pressure cooker, heat oil over high heat.
- Add pork chops and cook until browned on one side. Use a splatter screen or conventional lid to cover pork while browning.
- Turn pork chops.
- Close lid and bring pressure to 1st red ring (low pressure) over high heat. (If pressure does not immediately begin to rise, uncover and try again or add 1/4 cup water and try again.) Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 1st red ring. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use Touch Method (depress button with wooden spoon) or Automatic Release Method (for Duromatic Top Knob cookers). (If using a different manufacturer's pot, follow their directions for quick release of pressure.).
- Place pork chops on paper towels to absorb extra oil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION