Ring-Of-Coconut Fudge Cake
photo by Maureen D.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup hot coffee or 1 cup water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 -3 tablespoon hot water
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease and lightly flour a 12-cup Bundet pan.
- In medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients; blend well and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, oil and eggs; beat 1 minute at high speed.
- Add remaining cake ingredients except nuts.
- Beat 3 minutes ate medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into greased and floured pan.
- Carefully spoon filling over batter, forming a ring.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 70 to 75 minutes until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool upright in pan for 15 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Glaze: In medium bowl combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough hot water for desired consistency.
- Spoon over cake, allowing some to run down sides.
- Store uneaten cake in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.