photo by fyrfli
- Ready In:
- Add olive oil to a medium sauce pan with a tight fitting lid placed over medium heat and warm for one minute,.
- Add rice and saute stirring almost constantly until rice begins to turn clear and just a little brown on the edges.
- Toss in remaining ingredients EXCEPT LIQUID and saute for one minute.
- Add water/broth, stir and cover tightly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes. Lift lid and check to ensure rice is thoroughly cooked. If not, recover, turn off heat and let pan remain covered on warm burner for a few minutes. Fluff with fork and remove from heat when rice is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent rice dish! I made it as it, with the exception of the green onions but that's just because I forgot it. It's nice and spicy and flavorful! I will definitely be making this again. Next time I will have all the ingredients pre-prepared so I don't have to run around the kitchen so much! I served with roasted parmesan cauliflower and a cayenne/paprika rubbed beef roast.
Very good rice that was so easy to make. I dont care for cilantro so I used parsley instead and a pinch of red pepper flakes for the cayenne. Loved the toasted nutty flavor! Served with Wildflour's Recipe #162750, topped with a bit of the sauce from the pork chops and enjoyed. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4.
This was a nice side dish. I think my cilantro was losing it's oomph and my jalepeno wasn't so hot though. I think that made the difference on the rating. We still enjoyed it but it could have had a more full flavour but that, I'm sure, is totally the fault of my ingrediants. Next time I'll add some red pepper flakes too adn try fresh chives instead of green onions. Made for ZWT4