photo by fabulouscat1234
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 2 2 cups yogurt or 2 cups soured milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Use a fork to mash the rice a little or you can blend it a little with the milk but you want some graininess to give the pancakes their special texture.
- After the rice has been mashed a little, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Use a whisk to stir everything up.
- If you use yogurt the batter may be very thick, you can add a little water to the batter to thin it out for frying.
- Fry in a hot skillet or griddle, turn them when they are brown on the bottom. Try to keep them small. They are so tender that frying big ones is a little tricky.
- Serve with syrup and butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!