photo by MummaKat
- Ready In:
6 250 mL jam jars
- prepare juice by placing rhubarb and water in a large stainless steel saucepan on high heat.
- bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- pour through a strainer lined with cheesecloth, then tie up the rhubarb pulp into a "bag" and hang to drip overnight.
- clean jars, lids and rings in hot, soapy water. put jars in cannng kettle and bring to a boil. put lids and rings in a bowl of very hot water.
- measure juice. you should have 850 mL, if not add water to reach desired amount.
- combine juice and sugar in a large stainless steel saucepan, mixing well.
- add butter, to reduce foaming.
- bring juice and sugar to a full rolling boil over high heat.
- add liquid pectin, squeezing pouches until totally empty.
- continue to boil for 1 full minute, then remove from heat.
- skim foam from jelly.
- pour into 250 mL jars to 1 cm from rim, wipe tops if necessary.
- seal with lid, tighten ring fingertip tight.
- bring canning kettle back to a boil, process for 10 minutes.
- remove from water and place on a towel to stand for 24 hours. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!