A lovely and tasty garnish for baked goods.
- Ready In:
- Make a syrup by stirring water into sugar in small saucepan.
- Boil till slightly thickened; stir in almond extract.
- Let syrup cool a little.
- Place the violets, a few at a time into syrup. Make sure that they are completely covered.
- Remove from syrup and place on wax paper to dry.
- Note: Do NOT use African violets!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Unfortunately this did not work for me at all. The violet petals repel liquids so the sugar syrup just sat in large droplets on the petals, rather than coating them. (I noticed this also when rinsing them with water). After several days of drying, parts of the flowers still had globs of syrup and parts were dry. Maybe there is a trick or a technique that I should have known?Reply