- Ready In:
10 half pints
- 6 cups very fine chopped rhubarb, about 2 pounds
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped perserved ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 5 cups sugar, - 2 . 25lbs
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar, . 5lbs
- 1 3⁄4 ounces dry pectin, - 1 box
- Added rhubarb, water, ginger, raisins, almonds, lemon and orange rind to a large pot. Stir. Add pectin to pot and stir. Place pot on high heat and stir until it comes to a hard boil.
- Stir in sugars, bring to a full rolling boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Skim off foam. Cool 5 minutes to prevent floating fruit. Ladle into sterilized glass jars and process for your altitude.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!