Refried Bean Nachos
- Ready In:
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- cooking spray (butter-flavored)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces refried beans (your choice of flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tomatoes, large
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with butter-flavored spray.
- Combine the cumin, coriander, chili powder and cayenne; sprinkle over tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges; place in single layer in ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan(s).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe bowl, heat the refried beans on high for 1-2 minutes or until warm.
- Arrange baked tortillas on serving plates; top with beans, cheese, tomato and onions.
- Optional: broil unitl cheese melts.
- Serve with salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am lucky enough to be "living the good life". I have the most wonderful husband and two terrific teenage daughters. We reside in Central Pennsylvania where we have the luck of having four full seasons. Between my husband and myself, we have two full time jobs, three businesses and one part time job. We are very busy, but try to take it easy when we can and enjoy the wonderful life we have been blessed with. Future plans include moving to an inherited 45 acre farm in a beautiful valley surrounded by mountains. This will occur if and when our DD's leave the nest. We love to travel and have enjoyed seeing all of North America and a large portion of the United States together. Since discovering Zaar, I have to say my life has become more flavorful! I have learned that it's easier than I thought to have an organized, well-planned and yet creative and fun kitchen! I love the features of Zaar, but especially enjoy the people. I have become addicted to the forums and now love taking photos of the food I prepare. I am officially a Zaar junky! I've also started taking pictures of most of the recipes I prepare...Here are some of the pics I've taken of dishes that are available at Zaar: <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w155.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/jonesies/442caae0.pbw" height="360" width="480"><a href="http://i155.photobucket.com/redirect/album?action=slideshow&landing=/slideshows&type=3" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn.gif" style="float:left;border-width: 0;" ></a><a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/jonesies/?action=view¤t=442caae0.pbw" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn_viewallimages.gif" style="float:left;border-width: 0;" ></a> I love most foods. My only dislikes are green peppers and coffee...weird, huh? Been trying to eat and cook healthier for the children and to help control DH's high cholesterol. I enjoy...no...CRAVE anything cheesy, salty and crunchy. Needless to say I dream about nachos in my sleep! <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Other/photo-swap-7sticky.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1535/cheesesticker.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/L%5B1%5D.F-stickJPEG.jpg"> <a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view¤t=tish3.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish3.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008"></a>