Refreshing Jello Salad
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Mix jell-o gelatin according to package directions except omit 1 cup of cold water since you will be adding the pineapple juice instead.
- Once jell-o is dissolved in the 4 cups of hot water and 3 cups of cold water have been added, Add 1 can of crushed pineapple with juice.
- Mix and store in refrigerator to set about 4 hours.
- Once the jell-o is set. Mix with a hand mixer to loosen the jell-o.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese and mix well until the jell-o is lighter in color and cream cheese breaks into small curds throughout.
- Place back in refrigerator to chill again and set for another 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Place in individual dessert cups and enjoy a refreshing dessert!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Howdy! I'm a half breed Tongan/American born in Salt Lake City but raised in Hurst, Texas. I currently reside in Provo Utah with my hubby and three children. I love to cook but baking is my passion. I love trying new recipes and serving them at family dinners to hear all the rave reviews. I'm working on posting some polynesian dishes but the tricky part is that none of the relatives that have taught me to make them ever measure ingredients--they all go by taste. So if I ever get the chance, I will one day break out with a polynesian cook-book (with precise measurments) for all those wanting to try authentic polynesian food. Its sooo yummy.