Reese's Mousse Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) package reese peanut butter chips, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- peanut butter chips (to garnish)
- Bake crust according to directions.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl, let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water, stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine sugar and cocoa in medium bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until stiff; pour in the gelatin mixture, beating until well blended.
- Spoon 1 cup of the chocolate mixture into cooled crust; refrigerate while preparing peanut butter layer.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips as directed on package.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl; gradually.
- add 1/3 cup milk until smooth.
- Add melted chips; beat well.
- Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons milk.
- Lightly spread over chocolate layer in crust.
- Top with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Garnish with remaining chips.
- Cover; store leftover pie in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In Memory of Maxie, a beloved pet who we love and miss so very much. Our sweet Maxie was a black lab who wss put to sleep because of stomache cancer. 1997 - October 31, 2007 In Memory of Cheech, a beloved pet who we love and miss so much. March 1996 - July 9, 2005 In memory of Tanner, a beloved pet I love and miss you. July 15, 1999 - February 14, 2004 I live in Missouri, USA. I am a stay at home mom to 2 boys. Chance - January 1999 and Blake April 2005. My favorite cookbooks are: Kitchen Secrets by Reader's Digest, The Phillsbury Cookbook, Cambell's Favorite Recipes, Dinner On Hand by Kraft, The Complete Holiday Cookbook, Taste of Home Cookbooks, and a few family cookbooks. My favorite recipe sites are: Recipe_Center (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Recipe_Center/), Classy Clones (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Classy_Clones/), www.Recipezaar.com, www.Cooking.com, www.MyMeals.com, www.Cambellkitchen.com, www.copykat.com, www.verybestbaking.com, www.allrecipe.com, www.recipesource.com and www.topsecretrecipes.com I have 3 pets. Oreo, male cat Drake, Yellow Koi (fish) Rocky, Turtle