Red Wine Steak and Mushrooms
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 800 g porterhouse steaks (4 x 200 grams trimmed)
- 400 g mushrooms (a mixture of oyster and cup was recommended, thickly sliced)
- 3 teaspoons chives (finely chopped)
Red Wine Marinade
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs (small)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (Lambrusco recommended)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (season to taste)
- Make red wine marinade - combine all ingredients in a ceramic dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add steaks to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, if time permits.
- Preheat barbecue grill on medium high heat. Remove steaks from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Barbecue steaks for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and cover and stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour marinade into a frying pan over medium high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and add chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks on serving plates and spoon mushroom sauce over the steak or serve on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.