Red Wine Steak
- Ready In:
- 1 sirloin steak
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut sirloin steak into individual serving pieces.
- Marinate steak in next six ingredients for eight hours.
- When ready to prepare, saute mushrooms and onions in oil; set aside.
- Brown steak in skillet.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms and onions; simmer for 1/2 hour over low heat.
- Remove steak, mushrooms and onions to a large casserole and cover.
- With remaining pan juices, prepare a gravy; pour over steak.
- Serve with cooked egg noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I would have rated this recipe higher however the ingredient list & instructions are unclear. . I prepared a strip loin steak and adjusted the amount of marinade accordingly. This was a bit difficult because the recipe does not specify the size of the sirloin steak intended for the amount of marinade in the recipe. My steak was marinated for 6 hours. I removed it from the marinade, patted it dry and in a skillet browned it on both sides then added the mushrooms and onions to the pan, fried the steak for 5 minutes each side while the mushrooms & onions browned beside it. I could not see cooking a steak for 1/2 hour even if you like well done meat, I like mine medium rare and the 5 minutes each side produced just that. There were no pan juices left to prepare a gravy so I added a 1/2 tsp of cornstarch to the marinade poured that into the pan with the steak mushrooms etc. cooked for 1 minute. The end result was a plus 5 star steak dinner cooked to perfection with a lovely rich gravy.Reply
see 1 more