Red Curry Mussels
photo by Scott D.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup Thai basil, roughly torn
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add curry paste, garlic, shallot, and ginger and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 1 minute).
- Whisk in coconut milk, chicken broth, lemongrass, fish sauce, lime zest, and sugar. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring broth to a boil. Add mussels, cover, and cook until mussels have opened, about 3 minutes. Uncover, remove from heat, and discard any unopened mussels.
- Stir in lime juice and basil. Place mussels into two shallow bowls. Spoon curry sauce over mussels and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!