Red Chard Saag
photo by Sackville
- Ready In:
- Finely chop (or process) chard leaves.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in heavy bottomed saute pan at med-high.
- When oil is hot, add onion (be careful, as the oil may splatter) and sauté until transparent.
- Add chopped chard and let wilt.
- Add vindaloo and reduce heat.
- Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, for 10-20 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- If you find the mixture is getting dry, add water.
- After simmering, raise heat and add garlic and ginger.
- Stir and heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Naan bread and/or basamati rice.
- (NOTE: If you want to add paneer or potatoes, etc, fold them into the mixture along with garlic and ginger).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!