- Ready In:
- 4 cups raspberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups bisquick biscuit mix
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, toss the raspberries with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Spread berries out into a buttered 10x6 inch baking dish.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- In another mixing bowl, add Bisquick, melted butter, egg, and milk; stir just to combine.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough over fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees or until a pick comes out clean (comes out clean from the biscuit dough, that is).
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was looking for something to make with the fresh raspberries I had, and had just made a pie last week, so decided to try this. I found it a little too crusty and sweet, but really nice flavor - for the amount of crust, it could have had a lot more filling. Next time I will use about 1/2 the sugar.
I used a berry mix from Costco. Not that I'm promoting them, but their berries include Marion berries from Oregon. They're awesome. It has a very similar tartness that Raspberry has. The mix includes blueberries and raspberries as well. I had to put a 2nd batch of the dough to cover all of it. I topped with a huge scoop of ice cream. Wonderful! Not necessarily the cobbler dough I was really looking for but it was still good :-). If it wasn't so late at night I'd probably have another 2-3 scoops...yikes!