Raspberry Apple Crisp
photo by momaphet
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss together berries and apples, spread evenly over bottom of 8X8 baking dish.
- In medium bowl combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and oats.
- Using pastry cutter work butter into oat mixture until crumbly.
- Spread over fruit, pressing down lightly.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Cool before serving. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is quite yummy! I cut the recipe down to two servings and baked them in individual dishes. This allowed me to make my DH's with Brown Sugar Splenda and mine with regular. I increased the cinnamon to about 1/2 tsp for each. DH especially enjoyed the dominance of the raspberries - you could barely tell there were apples. I used a granny smith apple and the next time I would either use a sweeter apple or add a little bit of sugar to the fruit as this was quite tart. The topping is not overly sweet (a good thing) - I added a few walnuts to mine and I liked the crunch. I used frozen raspberries and was concerned they might come out to soupy but - it was not a problem, the consisency was perfect. I topped ours with whipped cream - a little ice cream could solve the tartness issue :)<br/>Thanks for sharing Chef PotPie. Made for the ZWT 7 Swiss Baking challenge for the Food.commandos
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
One of the old time founding members of Recipezaar. I live in Port Orchard, Washington. I LOVE to cook and bake nearly everything! I HATE to see people join the site, have no published recipes, but rag on another cook in a review on a recipe they haven't even tried or didn't follow. Oh, and I hate cilantro, too. :)