Raspberry Almond Crescent Cookies
photo by Wildflour
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut up
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a medium bowl, use a pastry cutter to cut butter into flour til pieces are pea-sized.
- In small bowl, stir together the egg yolk and sour cream, then stir into flour mixture til all the dough is moistened.
- Gently knead the dough just til a ball forms.
- Wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours til firm.
- Divide dough into 4 portions.
- On a well-sugared surface, use your hands to slightly flatten the dough. Roll dough from center out to edges, forming a 10" circle. Repeat with rest of dough, making sure you re-sugar your surface well!
- Turn each dough circle over. (So they are sugar side-up.).
- In medium bowl, combine preserves, coconut, almonds and vanilla and almond extracts well. Just use a spoon, but stir well.
- Spread thin layer of the mixture thinly over each circle.
- With a pizza wheel, cut each circle into 12 wedges just like you were cutting a pizza.
- Roll each wedge up (loosely), beginning with the wide end, and roll towards to the pointed end.
- Place all point-side down onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. (Parchment paper is a must, you'll thank me later!).
- Sprinkle all with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes or til just set and very lightly browned.
- Immediately remove with a sharp spatula to wire racks to cool. They will set completely as they cool.
- Makes 48 crescent cookies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! Former caterer and restaurant owner taking life slower now and just enjoying photographing my food creations and blogging them! Pop on over to my blog to see over 800 of my recipes at Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen @ wildflourskitchen.com !