Raspberries 'n Snow
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This has been our Chrstmas day dessert for many years. Loved by everyone. I have been asked for this recipe every year when someone new spends christmas day with us. Enjoy
- Ready In:
- 2 (300 g) packages frozen raspberries, thawed and juice reserved
- 2 (250 g) packages cream cheese, I always use Philadelphia
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups whipped cream or 3 cups Cool Whip
- 1 lb cake or 1 lb sponge cake, cut into 1/4 inch squares
- 1⁄2 cup grated chocolate
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream / cool whip.
- Sprinkle reserved raspberry juice over cake squares (you want them moistened, but not soggy).
- In a trifle bowl or glass bowl, place a layer of the moistened cake on the bottom, followed by 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture. Then a layer of 1/2 of the raspberries, pushing the raspberries against the sides of the bowl.
- Top with grated choclate.
- Then another layer of cake, followed by 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture and then the remaining raspberries, again pushing the berries against the side of the bowl.
- Placing the remaining 1/3 cream mixture on the top followed by grated chocolate.
- Chill for several hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION