Rachel Ray's Pasta a La Vodka
- Ready In:
- 15 ml olive oil, extra-virgin
- 15 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 250 ml vodka
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 792 ml tomatoes, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 500 g penne or 500 g fusilli
- 125 ml heavy cream
- 25 basil leaves, torn
- Place a large pot of salted water on high heat.
- While waiting for water to boil, place a large pan on medium heat. Add oil, butter, garlic and onions to pan and gently saute for about four minutes. Add vodka to the pan a simmer for about 3 minutes to reduce by half. Add tomatoes and chicken stock, bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente.
- Just before the pasta is cooked, stir cream into the sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
- Serve with a side salad or crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>What can I say? I have been dabbling in the Kitchen for about thirty years and have gone from making Kraft Dinner to preparing international cuisine. Though my cooking skills are far from perfect, I have had a few compliments on the meals that I have provided. I enjoy cooking especially when cooking for friends. I have chosen to post my favourite recipes here on Recipezaar for those who wish to make them and for the friends who keep asking for them! Enjoy!</p>