photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas or (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, sliced or minced (if you can't handle the heat, then use a half diced bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- Tabasco sauce (or you fav hot sauce) (optional)
- over med-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil, add onions and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- lower heat to medium, add garlic and jalapeno peppers and stir fry for 1 minute.
- add the other teaspoon of oil, chickpeas/garbanzo beans and salt and pepper to taste and let fry for 1 minute.
- lower heat to low, cover and let simmer-fry for 5-7 minutes.
- enjoy with some hot sauce if you please!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!