Chili Lime Chickpeas
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in the sesame and chili oils over medium heat in a small skillet until onions are soft.
- Add chickpeas and stir mixture until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add lime juice.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Season with salt, pepper and cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I wasn't sure how this would turn out, but it was actually really good! Of course, it didn't hurt that all my favorite ingredients were in it! Chickpeas can be kind of bland on their own and the lime and cilantro really helped to brighten up the dish. KPD - I'm a sesame oil fanatic too, so if you've got any more recipes, please post! Thanks!