- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 3/4 in chunks)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 3 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 lb kielbasa-type sausage (cut into 1/2in chunks)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup long grain rice
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Brown chicken.
- Add celery, onion, pepper, sausage and garlic. Cook until veggies are tender crisp.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, 1/2 cup of water and Old Bay Seasoning. Bring to boil.
- Add rice and reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed (about 30-35 minutes)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (if desired).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!