Quick and Easy Meatball Chili
- Ready In:
- 24 frozen cooked italian meatballs, partially thawed enough to cut through
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese, to sprinkle for garnish
- Cut the meatballs into quarters.
- Place the cut meatballs in a large pot. Add all the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT CHEESE). Stir well.
- Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- For the Crockpot: Place the quartered meatballs in the crockpot along with everything else (EXCEPT CHEESE).
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or on high for about 4 hours. (All crockpots seem to cook a little faster or slower than others.).
- Serve hot with some cheese on top, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!