Quick and Awesome Decaffeinated Iced Tea
- Ready In:
- 3 decaffeinated tea bags
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 gallon water
- Using a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup (must be microwaveable), add about 3 cups water. I prefer purified or bottled, room temp is best.
- Put the three tea bags in the water and lightly knead the bags to make sure they are soaked. Don't over do it or they could tear.
- Place the measuring cup into microwave and cook for 3 minutes. Depending on your power output you may increase or decrease the time.
- Let the tea steep for about 15 minutes.
- While it is steeping, cut an orange into 3-4 slices, throwing out the ends.
- Drop the slices into a 1 gallon pitcher.
- Add the sugar, covering the slices pretty good.
- (Sometimes I shake the pitcher to ensure the sugar coats the orange slices well)
- When tea had steeped and is still warm, pour over the orange/sugar and stir. Warm tea will help dissolve the sugar making a better blended product.
- Add water, not a full gallon as this will dilute the recipe. I use about 3/4 gallon. Stir well.
- Pour over lots of ice and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Love to cook when there's the time and energy to do it. Last name is Baker but I really don't do any baking-just cooking! Have a ton of old recipes that I will be posting for those who like old ones.</p>