Punjabi Chicken in Thick Gravy
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 8 skinless chicken legs
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 small tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil and ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the cumin seeds in the oil until the seeds begin to change color. Add the onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger; cook until the onions brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato, tomato paste, garam masala, turmeric, serrano pepper, and water; cook another 5 minutes. Lay the chicken into the sauce; mix to coat the legs. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low; cook until chicken is no longer pink near the bone, about 40 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Montaser Masoud Adopting value for money principle. By knowing our forecast as well business nationalities mix to deliver the expected quality and quantity meets our guest expectation Explain kitchen chef yield concept and yield percentage. Calculate the cost of a recipe for kitchen menu. In kitchen Skills Demonstrate principles of food safety day by day and sanitation. food in safe zone -Main kitchen- Butchery- Garde manger -Pastry Demonstrate appropriate principles of plate presentation Ability to handle multiple tasks with an eye to detail and presentation Stay up to date with latest culinary trends and create ideas into better and consistent implementations . Handling of the fully implemented HACCP guidelines as well as general health & safety in the workplace Creating in conjunction with the? Food and Beverage Managers and Outlet Chefs of menus and which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant . To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments Assumes responsibility for increasing departmental sales and profit Wastage and Turn over Control Food Cost Management LEADERSHIP SKILLS Fostering team works. effective time management during production in kitchen food . Effective organization of personal work areas for efficient production Main Duties . Ability to handle multiple tasks with an eye to detail and presentation Stay up to date with latest culinary trends and create ideas into better and consistent implementations Handling of the fully implemented HACCP guidelines as well as general& safety in the workplace Food and Beverage Managers and Outlet all Executive Food Suppliers --- Guest- Work in a multicultural environment Very good strong leadership and organizational skills Knowledge of HACCP as well as general health & safety in the workplace Able to control cost and wastage