This recipe comes together very easy and uses classic holiday pantry ingredients. Its aroma makes getting up for breakfast a treat for adults and kids alike. Reduce the fat in each serving by using reduced fat crescent dinner rolls.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and egg yolk in a medium bowl; blend well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Unroll dough onto prepared cookie sheet; firmly press edges and perforations to seal.
- Press to form 13 x 7-inch rectangle.
- Spread filling in a 3 1/2 inch wide strip lengthwise down the center of the rectangle to within 1 inch of the ends.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch aprt on long sides of dough rectangle just to the edge of the filling.
- Fold strips at an angle across filling, overlapping ends and alternating from side to side.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until foamy; brush over dough.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cooking sheet to a serving platter.
- Blend powdered sugar and enough milk to make drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm coffee cake.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION