- Ready In:
2 cookie sheets
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup of sugar.
- Cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add enough cold water to make a soft dough.
- Knead slightly and cut in half.
- Roll out dough, 1/4 inch thick, and line cookie sheet with one. Save the other.
- Cook prunes in water until soft. Drain.
- Mash well, adding 2 cups of sugar (to taste, you may not need it all).
- Season with cinnamon and cloves.
- Spread filling evenly over bottom crust.
- Cover with top crust pinch seams and cut steam vents.
- Bake until crust is slightly brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!