Potato Wedges With Roasted Garlic Dip
From Contemporary and Traditional Tapas Dishes. I just love the dip!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 12mins
- 3 lbs potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
ROASTED GARLIC DIP
- 2 heads garlic, bulbs separated into cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons sour cream or 5 tablespoons strained plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- paprika, to taste
MAKE THE ROASTED GARLIC DIP:
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Place the garlic cloves in an ovenproof dish, then pour in the olive oil and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer and roast in the preheated oven of 25 min or until tender. Remove from the oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the garlic cloves, then place on a heavy cutting board and sprinkle with a little salt. Mash well with a fork until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and stir in the sour cream and mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and paprika. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let chill until ready to serve.
MAKE THE POTATOES:
- To cook the potatoes, cut each potato half into 3 wedges and place in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, and salt and toss well. Transfer to a roasting pan, then arrange in a single layer and roast in the preheated oven for 1-1 1/4, or until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to serving bowls. Serve immediately, handing round the roasted garlic dip separately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a wonderful combination of flavours!!!! I loved the sweetish, roasty garlic dip with the simple salted fries and the roasted garlic pieces. YUM!!!! Perfect Potatoes indeed! I will surely make this often again as it comes together quickly and rewards you with a scrumptious meal! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us, Julie! Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #42 July 2010.
I really liked these wedges. The dip was super delicious! I made half of the recipe, since it's just DH and me. I used 2 largish potatoes, and cut a couple of the potato halves into 4ths. My oven runs hot, and since my slices were a bit thinner, my potatoes were ready in about 30 minutes. With half the dip there was plenty of for a couple of heavy dippers; even a little bit left over. :lol: This will be used again - thanks for the recipe! Edit 7/27 to add: The leftover dip is lovely on a baked potato!
This is a GREAT potato dish! We just LOVED it! The dip is so tasty and perfect with these little wedges. I'm going to be making these alot. I did it exactly like the recipe says but I put the pan right in the BBQ grill with my chicken and it worked out really well. I also roasted my garlic in there with everything else. Thanks, Julie B for a KEEPER! Made for ZWT5- Family Picks for the Kitchen Witches