Pot Roast Soup
photo by Tona C.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs sirloin steaks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon refrigerated garlic
- 2 beef gravy, packets
- 64 ounces beef broth
- 16 ounces frozen sliced carrots
- 6 cups potatoes, bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- Cube sirloin steak into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Dredge the sirloin steak pieces in this dry mixture coating them well.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet. Add onion and sirloin pieces. Cook until onions and sirloin are lightly browned.
- Add wine to deglaze the skillet.
- Add garlic and stir well.
- Transfer skillet mixture to a soup pot.
- Add all of beef broth.
- Add beef gravy packets.
- Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Add Heinz 57 sauce.
- Stir until dry soup mix has dissolved completely.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Cover soup pot, and cook on low heat for 60 to 90 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Serve with French bread or crusty rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!