Portuguese Garlic Roasted Pork (Torresmos)
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, cubed
- 1 rack back ribs, cut into pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 lemons, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pimento paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon piri piri hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 tablespoons lard
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- Cut the pork into 2 inch cubes and separate the ribs, then place in a large container with a lid. Combine all of the remaining ingredients (except the lard) and pour over the pork, turning to coat.
- Let the meat marinade for between 24 & 48 hours in the refrigerator, turning several times.
- When ready to cook, remove the meat from the fridge at least 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Melt the lard in the roasting pan.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Add the pork and red peppers to the melted lard and cook covered until the pork is cooked, turning occasionally.
- ** if you prefer not to use ribs, just increase the amount of pork loin.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.