Portobello Mushroom Ragu
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) packages portobella mushroom caps, cleaned trimmed and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (15 ounce) can plum tomatoes, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large casserole and saute the onions until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
- 2. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute, then stir in mushrooms and thyme. Continue to cook over high heat until the mushrooms have softened and given off their juices, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3. Add tomatoes and cook until the mixture is thick, about 10 minutes. Serve over wheatberry, bulgur wheat pilaf or soft cornmeal polenta. Ragu can be cooled and refrigerated for up to 4 days, Garnish with additional thyme, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I’m not German, but I love their food! Currently I am in the military, the US Air Force, and stationed in Germany. My love of food started early while cooking with my mother and since I am on my own now I love to discover the world with food. I constantly change what I am cooking in my own house and have a few favorite recipes. Usually I explore and try out different foods and cooking methods. I have yet to become a major food-head, but I’m getting there slowly but surely. I love the I can take my time with my cooking, I don’t have to cook for anyone but myself so there is no pressure for time and taste. Which makes my exploration much easier!