photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 4 medium boneless pork loin chops, fat removed
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped for garnish
- 4 lemon wedges
- Place plastic wrap on pork chops and pound them out with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until about ¼-inch thick.
- In a large shallow dish, add flour, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground black pepper; whisk to combine. In another shallow dish, whisk egg and half-and-half together; set aside. In a 3rd shallow dish, add breadcrumbs.
- Place chop one at a time in flour mixture and dredge until well coated; shake any excess flour. Transfer coated chop into egg mixture and then bread crumbs, pressing to adhere evenly on meat. Place on baking sheet while working on the others.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine oil and butter. When hot, place pork cutlets and cook until, brown and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer cutlets on a baking sheet lined with paper towel to absorb any fat. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges. Makes 4.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.