photo by oh noel
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup cabbage, chopped and boiled
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork, cooked
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 20 gyoza skins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well by hand.
- Place a teaspoonful of filling in a wrapper and put water along the edge of the wrapper. Make a semicircle, gathering the front side of the wrapper and sealing the top.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Put gyoza in the pan and fry on high heat for a min until the bottoms become brown. Add 1/4 cup water in the pan. Cover the pan with a lid and steam the gyoza for a few minutes on low heat.
- Serve warm with gyoza sauce. Can be found in Asian food stores.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are excellent! I made a whole pile of them and put them on a tray in the freezer and then into a freezer bag. They are great appies and great for when guests come over! I found a great video on youtube.com that shows how to fold them too, it's called "How to Make Gyoza" by yongfook. Thanks for a great recipe!