Pork, Chorizo and Butter Bean Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Really tasty and a one pot easy recipe. Got it from bbc website
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 600 g pork shoulder, diced
- 150 g chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 medium onion
- 1 hot chili pepper, like birds eye
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 75 ml white wine
- 300 g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 200 g butter beans (can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 teaspoons fresh honey
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in large pan, add pork, fry for 4-5 minutes, brown on outside, but not fully cooked. remove from pan.
- Add chorizo into pan, fry for 2 minutes, remove.
- Still using same pan, add onions and chili, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and wine, bring mixture to boil,then simmer until wine has reduced by a quarter.
- Add tomatoes, butter beans, return pork and chorizo,stir well.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 45 minutes.You may need to add water, depending on how thick you want the sauce to be.
- Add in honey and parsley,salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve--delicious with garlic bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION