Pork Chops With Apples and Swiss
I was looking for pork chop recipes after buying some (we don't eat them, really) and I stumbled across this. I haven't made it yet.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium pork chops
- 4 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (can sub vermouth)
- 4 celery leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 celery ribs, washed and diced finely
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, cored and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 ounces swiss cheese or 4 ounces jarlsberg cheese, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven to 375F and butter a baking pan.
- Press a clove into each chop, then add the chops to the pan, followed by the wine, celery leaves, and bay leaves. Bake the chops for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan and saute the diced celery for 5 minutes, tehn add the apples and brown sugar. Turn the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, or until just tender.
- After 30 minutes, remove the pork chops, discard the bay and celery leaves and sprinkle cheese on each chop. Baste with juices and broil a few minutes to brown. Add a few pan juices to the apple-celery mixture, and serve as a side with the pork chops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good pork chop supper, the apples really make the recipe! We loved the cheese on the chops but were surprized that they were a bit on the bland side, if not for the apples. I will be making them again but I will try a stronger type of cheese. all and all a very nice recipe. thanks for posting.Reply