Pork Chops (Costeletas De Porco)
Brazilian cooks use marinades, not just to tenderize meats, but to give them extra flavor and as the basis for a lively accompanying sauce. From A Little Brazilian Cookbook by Elizabeth Lambert Ortiz.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 small fresh hot red chili peppers or 1/2 small fresh hot green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 pork loin chops, thick-cut
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Puree the first 8 ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Arrange the chops in a dish and pour over the marinade.
- Marinate for 4 hours, turning once or twice.
- Lift out the chops and scrape off any marinade.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the chops, cook on a moderate heat 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the marinade to the casserole, add a little water or white or red wine, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour over chops and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION