Pork Belly Stew
photo by RuPei
- Ready In:
- 5 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 lbs raw pork belly, cut into chunks (about 1 in x 2 in)
- 6 cups chinese rice wine (cooking michiu)
- 1⁄2 cup aged soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 3 small red chili peppers (optional)
- In a non-stick skillet, heat grape seed oil over a little over medium.
- When oil becomes hot, pan fry both sides of pork belly chunks until a little brown.
- Transfer meat in a soup pot and add rest of all ingredients. Make sure rice wine covers 1 inch higher than meat. If not, add more michiu or some water.
- Turn on heat over high and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer until meat becomes tender, about 50-60 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I like to teach people how to cook authentic Chinese food since most Chinese food I've tried here in the US has lost its original taste. Therefore, the recipes I post here have not been adjusted at all. They are just how you would taste in my homeland. Hope you enjoy!<img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /></p>