Pork and Apple Fritters
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I like "weird" food. This recipe is from the Mountain High Yoghurt website.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking yellow corn grits
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 10 ounces cooked pork loin, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 red apples, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
- vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine flour, grits, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Add 2 cups of yogurt, pork, and apples. Mix well.
- In deep fryer or 4-quart heavy saucepan, heat about one inch of oil to 350ºF. Drop some of the batter by large serving spoons (about 1/4 cup) gently into the oil. Make only several fritters at a time. Do not overcrowd pan or fritters won’t be crisp. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. To avoid splattering hot oil, use a spatula and a slotted spoon to flip the fritters. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Serve fritters with honey and a dollop of the remaining yogurt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION