Pomegranate and Chocolate Chunk Scones
photo by brittnay_bailey
- Ready In:
- Cut the butter (which must be cold) into small cubes.
- Place the flour, baking powder, lemon zest, sugar and butter into a bowl. Mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and the eggs. Mix until they form a dough, but be careful not to overwork, add the chocolate and pomegranates.
- Place the mixture onto a floured work service and roll out to a thickness of 1 inch.
- Dip a 2 ¼ inch round pastry cutter in flour, then cut out the scones and then turn the scones over onto a baking sheet.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then bake in a preheated oven set at 400°F.
- Bake for 5 minutes then turn the temperature down to 350°F and bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and rest them on a cooling rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!