Craisin Cranberry White Chocolate Scones
photo by Baking Bunny
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1) Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2) In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in craisins and white chocolate chips.
- 3) In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
- 4) Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (The dough will be sticky in places, and there may not seem to be enough liquid at first, but as you press, the dough will come together.).
- 5) Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoons of sugar. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles; place on a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper), about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
When I got married in 2001, I was completely unfamiliar in the kitchen. I grew up eating food from restaurants and a home cooked meal about once or twice a month. I stumbled around blindly the first few years, and my hubby had to try many awful creations...such as burnt chicken that was raw inside and carmels made from corn oil (instead of corn syrup). I have come a long way, however, and people love coming over to try my many new recipes, most getting rave reviews. Thanks to everyone for their recipes, I love to experiment!