Polish Sauerkraut and Apples
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained & rinsed
- 1 lb fully cooked Polish sausage or 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8ths
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- Place 1/2 of the sauerkraut in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with sausage & apples then remainder of sauerkraut.
- Mix together the brown sugar, caraway seeds & pepper and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Pour apple juice all over.
- Cover & cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good, and quick to put together. I liked the apple juice over the top. Wasn't sure where to put the other half of the kraut so it ended up on top of everything. The brown sugar and apple juice sort of coated everything with a yummy glaze, and there was just the right amount of caraway. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>