Poached Chicken Breast With Spinach and Swiss Cheese
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 ounces spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 6 cups water
- Using a mallet or meat tenderizer, pound the chicken breasts until the meat is flat and even.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add a layer of spinach and a slice of Swiss cheese. Roll each breast tightly to ensure that the filling can not escape.
- Wrap each breast tightly in aluminum foil.
- In a deep pan, bring the water to a boil.
- Place the foil-wrapped breasts into the water. Use a heat-proof plate to weigh the chicken breasts down and keep them completely submerged in the water.
- Allow them to simmer in the water for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is completely done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in southeast Virginia and am an executive secretary for the Army. I love to cook and love food. I have a picky, picky 8-yr old, but he is a true blue chocoholic and budding cook! I have two beautiful granddaughters who visit often. I am teaching them to cook too. <br> <br> <br><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif> <br> <br>I<img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg>