MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Lots of different things could be added to this strudel its up to your imagination. If you want vegetarian omit the ham and add some black olives.
- Ready In:
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup capsicum, diced
- 1 cup chopped shallots or 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup light mozzarella cheese, grated or 1 cup 25% fat tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix all ingredients, except phyllo pastry and tomato paste in a large bowl.
- Fold out phyllo pastry sheets, placing one sheet on top of the other, spraying with cooking spray between each layer.
- Spread tomato paste in the centre of the phyllo pastry, spoon pizza filling on top.
- Spray edges with cooking spray then fold right and left edges inwards, spray again.
- Roll pastry and filling carefully.
- Place the strudel with the fold side underneath on the baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Spray top of the strudel with cooking spray, pierce top to let out steam.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately as pastry will soften with left.
- To crisp again, either place back in the oven or under grill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION