A recipe I found through Taste of Home. My family liked it so much they took it to school for lunches the next day! I like how versatile this casserole can be. If you want all veggies - feel free to add them! If you only want meat - you can have it that way too. This recipe is kind of like lasagna with a twist.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings.
- Drain pasta and stir into meat mixture.
- Spray 9x13 pan with vegetable spray. Add in 1/2 of the meat and pasta mixture.
- Layer with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the pepperoni.
- Repeat with second layer of pasta, cheese and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This truly is quick and easy delicious comfort food, a dish most family members can relish together. Made as directed, although the next time I think I'd add some green peppers, olives, and mushrooms just as another reviewer suggested -- "other goodies" I'd put on a pizza! Thanks, Chef on the Coast! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap.Reply
What a simple and delicious home style comfort food! It reminded me more of ziti or lasagna than pizza, but that was fine. I used Dreamfield's low carb penne noodles in mine, and think next time I will add other goodies, such as green peppers, black olives, and mushrooms to the mix. Thanks for sharing! Everyone enjoyed. ~SueReply