photo by Eismeer
- Ready In:
- 500 g flour (all purpose)
- 40 g fresh yeast active dry yeast (or 7g (one sachet)
- 150 -200 ml water (lukewarm)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 medium sized courgette (zucchini, in rounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaf (optional)
- 125 g mozzarella cheese (cubed, shredded or torn)
- 50 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- Crust: Transfer flour to a large bowl and stir in 1 teaspoon salt.
- Form/press a well in the flour and add sugar, yeast (in pieces) and about 50ml lukewarm water. Stir and incorporate flour until paste-like.
- Transfer to a warm location an let starter dough rise for about 20 minutes (until bubbly).
- Add rest of water to starter dough and knead until a soft, sleek ball forms.
- Let rest for another 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini in 5mm thick slices and fry, together with minced garlic, in olive oil until golden brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- To soften ricotta, incorporate 2 tablespoons milk and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste (to ricotta).
- Shape pizza dough as you like it (I usually make 4 small pizze out of the amount of dough) and prick with a fork.
- Spread ricotta evenly on dough/pizze.
- Add oregano and fresh basil.
- Add parmesan and mozzarella.
- Top with zucchini slices.
- If using - sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Bake at 250°C for about 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!